Why don’t I see my results?
- Results are sorted by category so you need to choose one (55, 31, 13, 8, 4 km or ‘other distance’) so that you show in results with everyone else doing that distance
- Within the categories, results are sorted by time, so you need to enter a time in order to show up. Remember to enter them as six digits in this format: HH:MM:SS If you don’t know the seconds, please use zero
Where do I get my bib?
- Download and print the bib from here
- Fill in your information and pin it proudly to the front of your body
- Send in photos of you in your bib for the photo contest!
- Use your bib number when you upload your results
How do I find my bib number?
- Bibs will be assigned February 11th and then daily after that until registration closes on February 19th
- Look up your bib number on the Confirmation List
- Find the Confirmation List on the Zone4 Virtual Canadian Birkie Event Page
- Find your name on the alphabetical list. The display only shows the first 100 people, so you may need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click: Click here to show all
- Look at the farthest right column for your bib number
How do I submit results?
- Go to the Virtual Canadian Birkie Event Page
- Click on View Results
- Click on Upload Your Results Here <— this link will be active February 12th to February 28th at 18:00.
- Details on entering your results are here
What application or device do I use to upload my results?
- Zone4 recognises most applications and devices that track distances. You can upload a GPX file. Please check with your application or device manual or instruction on how to upload your results.
What if my application or device doesn’t allow uploading?
- Make a screenshot of your result and upload the screenshot. Submit your time/distance manually. Please check your device manual to find out how to make a screenshot.
What if my application or device stopped while I was completing the distance?
- We are so sorry this happened to you. Please submit an estimate of your times and the distance you completed.
How do I view my results?
- You will be able to view the results after you submit them or go back to the Virtual Canadian Birkie Event Page and click on View Results
- Results are sorted by Course completed and then by fastest time. Other Distances are listed as a separate Course.
- You can download the results by clicking on the Race Tools link in the top right-hand corner and sort your downloaded file by any column.
- Most KM Group Award results will be tallied and posted after February 28th
When do I get my Official Participant Certificate?
- You will receive an email from the Birkie office with a link to a webpage where you can download it after February 28th. Congratulations!
Selecting my Virtual Distance
Do I have to complete the whole distance in one day?
- The in-person Canadian Birkie Ski Event skiers complete the registered distance in one day. The Virtual Birkie mirrors the original Birkie as much as possible and as such the same rules apply.
What do I do if I don’t complete the whole distance that I registered for?
- Upload the time and distance you did complete. For example, if you registered for 31k and only did 27 km, upload 27 km and your time.
Registering a Virtual Group
Do we all have to ski the same distance?
Do we have to ski on the same day?
- No. You can each check your weather forecast and pick the day that works best for you, so long as it is between Feb 12-21, 2021
What do I enter for the number of kilometres I will ski for my team under the Most Kilometres Group section?
- Enter only the distance that you are signed up for
What is the minimum number of people per team for the Most KM Group?
- One person – you can enter multiple times
Getting a Discount
How do I apply the promo code if I want to register four people?
- When you register four or more people in one registration session, you will see a promo code pop up on the registration form you are filling in. Type this code (only once) in the section Promo Codes on your registration form
How can I apply the promo code two times if I want to register as a group of eight people?
- You can enter the promo code in once per four people
How do I apply the promo code if I want to register for four distances or days?
- When you register for four distances or days in one registration session, you will see a promo code on the registration form you are filling in. Type this code in the section Promo Codes on the registration form
How do I apply the promo code if I want to register for eight distances or days?
- You can enter the promo code in once per four people or four distances chosen
How do I win prizes?
- You need to send a photo to be eligible to win prizes.
What is the deadline to post/send my picture for the contest?
- You can post or send your picture in until Monday, February 28, 2021 at 9 a.m.
How can I upload or post my picture for the contest?
- You can post/upload your picture four different ways. Only upload/post your picture once. Please make sure you follow the instructions carefully so we find your picture submission:
Instagram: Tag @canadianbirkie and use hashtags #VirtualBirkie #GoTheDistance #CdnBirkie.
Twitter: Mention @canadianbirkie and use hashtags #VirtualBirkie #CdnBirkie #GoTheDistance. If you did not submit your Instagram name with registration.
Facebook: Become a member of the Virtual Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2770410329847982 and use hashtags #VirtualBirkie #CdnBirkie #GotheDistance.
Email: Send your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org Mention your first and last name, bib number and the completed distance in the email.
What if my phone or camera battery died on me and I could not take a picture? Can I still participate in the contest?
- We are sorry; you can only participate in this contest by posting or emailing a picture.