Registration for February 12, 2022 Birkie Saturday ski events now open!
Your Birkie Saturday in-person ski event registration includes:
- Up to 55 km classic technique ski tracks in majestic Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area
- Race bib, timing chip and results/ranking uploaded to Zone4
- Food and drinks at finish line
- Snacks, energy drinks, soup and water at 13, 31, and 55 km food stations
- Bus shuttles between Sherwood Park, Ukrainian Village and Waskahegan
- Medals for top three in event in 13, 31 and 55 km events and age category medals description here
- Hand-made birch wood medals for short events
- Pin for 55 km skiers for each year of completion
- World loppet ranking for 31 and 55 km skiers details here
- Ski Patrollers along the course and Sweeps at the end
- Certified medical personnel at food stations and finish line
- Love and admiration of dedicated volunteers
|Birkie Saturday Feb 12 ski events||Oct/Nov 2021||Dec 2021||Jan 2022||Feb 2022|
|55 km with pack Torskeklubben Birkebeiner||$100||$110||$120||$150|
|55 km Birkie Lite||$100||$110||$120||$150|
|31 km Imperial Oil Birkie Tour||$90||$100||$110||$140|
|13 km Global Edmonton Mini Birkie||$45||$50||$55||$70|
|8 km Birkie Fun Ski||$25||$25||$25||$25|
|2/4 km Ole’s Tour||$10||$10||$10||$10|
|Birkie Sunday Feb 13 ski events||2021/22|
|1/3 km Barnebirkie family ski||$10|
|Birkie Online Feb 14-28 ski events||2021/22|
|Virtual Canadian Birkie||$20|
NOTE: There is an extra processing fee for registration. It includes a $2.00 Zone4 Registration System fee, and a 3% credit card fee.
Refunds and insurance
Registration carried forward to the next year, if event cancelled due to COVID-19.
Participants who purchased Secure your Spot Insurance at time of registration will have their registration carried forward to the next year, if event is cancelled due to extreme weather or ski conditions.
Skiers, volunteers and spectators aged 12 and over attending Birkie events are required to show:
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccinations; and
- Valid personal identification that matches vaccine record, if 18 or over.
Birkie registration cut off dates are at the end of each month. The final cut off is at Noon on the Wednesday the week of the festival.
- November 30 at 24:00 Midnight (MST): First cut-off
- December 31 at 24:00 Midnight (MST): Second cut-off
- January 31 at 24:00 Midnight (MST): Third cut-off
- February 9 at 12:00 Noon (MST): FINAL cut-off
The Canadian Birkie Ski Festival takes place in a remote provincial park. Our organization provides substantial signage, patrols, food stations, volunteers and medical staff to ensure to keep skiers on track. Safety for our volunteers, spectators and skiers is our number one priority. As such age limits are part of our critical effort to ensure everyone stays out of harms way and gets home safely. See details of age limits for all events here.
Event changes before final deadline on Feb 9 at Noon
Email the office and specify your full name, the event you wish to change out of and the event you wish to change to. There is a $10 fee for any changes, plus any difference between event fees, if applicable. You will need to acknowledge that the $10 fee will be charged to the credit card that you used to sign up with. Please note: If there are any changes to your credit card information, contact the office to make other arrangements. If someone else paid for your registration, they will need to contact the office to give authorization to charge this to their card. There are no refunds of a difference if the event is downgraded.
Event changes at Nordic Fair
Any changes after Final Deadline date must be made at the Nordic Fair. The fee to make any changes is $20, plus any difference between event fees, if applicable.
Click here for the Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.