Whether you aim to improve your skiing skills, finish the 13 km Global Edmonton Mini Birkie or improve your personal best time in the 55 km with pack, the Birkie Learn to Loppet ski lessons will help you achieve your personal goals. Lessons are not cancelled for inclement weather, be sure to dress for the weather.
COVID 19 protocols in effect during all Birkie training classes. Canadian Birkebeiner Society, under the guidance of Nordiq Alberta and Alberta Health Services, take necessary precautions to stop the spread of coronavirus.
Dates and Times:
- Six sessions starting January 2, 2021.
- Introduction and waxing clinic at the Goldstick Park Pavilion on Saturday, January 2, 2021, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Bring your skis and dress for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Four Monday evenings at Lower Gold Bar pavilion, January 4, 11, 18 and 24, 2021 7 – 9 p.m.
- Session out at Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area will be organized to allow you to learn and enjoy the trails and terrain in Birkieland, January 30 or 31, 2021 (TBD), 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Minimum 6 to run the course
- No refunds if the course is run, including for illness (counting COVID 19)
Saturday introduction and waxing instruction at Goldstick Park Pavilion, Park Entrance is at 4210-101 Ave.
Monday evening lessons at Gold Bar pavilion, 10955 50 St.
Pre-Birkie ski prep at Cooking Lake-Blackfoot, Waskahegan Staging Area
During this course the social distance guidelines of 2 m will be followed.
Students are required to submit a self assessment form to the instructor 24 hrs or less before each lesson.
Availability of restrooms during training will be dependent on City of Edmonton and/or Alberta Health Service directions.